News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Two-Factor Authentication Is Now Available

Started by von Corax, September 05, 2023, 05:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

For the security-conscious among you, I have enabled Two-Factor Authentication for the site. This allows you to require anyone logging in under your account to posess a physical object (your smart phone) as well as your password.

To take advantage of 2FA, you will need an authenticator app such as Twilio Authy or Google Authenticator. These are available from the Play Store or the App Store.

To enable 2FA, go to your Forum Profile page (hidden behind your name in the extreme top left corner of the page) and scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section. Click the "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" link. Enter your current password where requested, then launch your authenticator app and use the option to add an account. Scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen, tap to confirm, and on the Enable Two-Factor Authentication page on your computer enter the 6-digit verification code displayed on the app. Make note of the backup code displayed on the next page.

From now on, when you log in to the Forum you will be prompted for the 2FA authentication code generated by your authenticator app.

If the preceding explanation is gibberish, don't worry about it. If you do want to worry about it, PM me and we'll figure out how I can talk you through the process.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading