News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Personal Pronouns?

Started by von Corax, September 08, 2023, 03:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should The Steampunk Forum add a "Personal Pronouns" field to your User Profile?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
0 (0%)
What?
1 (33.3%)
Nu (Explain your position)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

von Corax

Among the enhancements in Simple Machines Forum 2.1.4 is the option for non-binary genders (ie. more than just "male" and "female") which I have already implemented. (Click your name in the extreme top left corner of the page, then click "Profile Details" and scroll to the bottom if you don't believe me.)

Another enhancement is the option to add custom fields to user profiles, such as (for example) a place to enter/display your chosen pronouns. Would such a field be of interest to anyone? Keep in mind that every custom field added makes your profile, as well as the "Author" block on your posts, a little busier, more crowded and harder to read, but I believe pronouns might be important enough to justify this.

What does everyone think?
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

J. Wilhelm

In the other thread, I make the suggestion of using Unicode characters which can also, I imagine, be combined with pronouns if needed (flags are not practical because they're not accepted in text fields here):

https://brassgoggles.net/forum/index.php?msg=1019926