News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

State of the Steampunk 'Zine Scene? (2023 Edition)

Started by David Vivian Haraldson, September 09, 2023, 02:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Vivian Haraldson

Hullo everyone,

I'm just writing to ask if people know of and can recommend current print (or electronic) Steampunk magazines and fanzines. I know that it is still possible to acquire print copies of Steampunk Magazine compendia through "Amazon" but .... well, is there anything new that people are writing now?
Yours sincerely,

Mr. David Vivian Haraldson

RJBowman

Zines largely ended with the introduction of the World Wide Web except for a few traditionalists who have a real nostalgic need to publish them, and even the web itself, sadly, seems to be fading in favor of social networks. Paved paradise and all that.

The comic publisher Antarctic Press published a few steampunk magazines about ten years ago that were very much like slickly produced fanzines. You might want to seek out the back issues.

David Vivian Haraldson

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yeah, it's exactly those quixotic traditionalists with whom I'm hoping to connect. And Steampunk seems like it should be able to support traditional print. (At least, IMHO.)

Thanks for pointing to Antarctic Press. It seems like they did a lot of furry comics and ... errrmm ... Sarah Paling fanfic? 

( ??? :o )
Yours sincerely,

Mr. David Vivian Haraldson