News:

Two-Factor Authentication is now enabled. For instructions, visit the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The New Steampunk Wiki at Brass Goggles

Started by von Corax, September 16, 2023, 08:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Corax

We now have a wiki devoted to Brass Goggles.

This is not exactly a new development, as some years ago Captain McCannon created a Brass Goggles wiki at the site editthis.info. What is different is that the new wiki is hosted at Brass Goggles, and that any Brass Goggles member above the rank of Swab has automatic edit privileges to the wiki.

Please ensure you are logged in to the forum, and then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/ to see what I'm talking about, and to create your own biography or User: page.
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5845 km from Reading

Sorontar

Please note that a lot of the original BG wiki pages were related to the Persona and Narrative writings of BG members - ie., creative writings. However, the wiki can be much more. It can include factual historical data, summaries and biographies related to authors, helpful instructions on how to do SP things. At times this may seem a little chaotic because there is initially little structure to wikis, but as time continues, the community will be able to establish some formats and categories. Don't be afraid to add something or to edit someone else's work, but do respect pages that people make clear are personal works, often by making them subpages to their own personal user or biographic pages.

That said, the one thing the wiki should generally not be is an archive of images or files or links, other than helpful hub pages for wiki pages (like lists of wiki pages on Personas or Vehicles). Leave those for elsewhere.

Sorontar
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

J. Wilhelm

Quote from: Sorontar on September 17, 2023, 03:54:04 AMPlease note that a lot of the original BG wiki pages were related to the Persona and Narrative writings of BG members - ie., creative writings. However, the wiki can be much more. It can include factual historical data, summaries and biographies related to authors, helpful instructions on how to do SP things. At times this may seem a little chaotic because there is initially little structure to wikis, but as time continues, the community will be able to establish some formats and categories. Don't be afraid to add something or to edit someone else's work, but do respect pages that people make clear are personal works, often by making them subpages to their own personal user or biographic pages.

That said, the one thing the wiki should generally not be is an archive of images or files or links, other than helpful hub pages for wiki pages (like lists of wiki pages on Personas or Vehicles). Leave those for elsewhere.

Sorontar

The entries are quite old. I can recognize names of users/members but none of the personas, fictitious organizations, ships, etc. I'm not sure we have as many fictitious characters today as we did back then. Most personas today are real people, meaning the user's own presentation (I don't know if I'm making sense).