News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Werewolf/mafia-steampunk edition?

Started by kiskolou, March 18, 2007, 08:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiskolou

Found the rules for this party/role playing(kinda) game on the eathernet, and thought that it would be fun to play on the forums:
http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html#commercial

Of course we could change the names into things more steampunky (though i do love werewolves...)
Anybody up for it?
"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!

fixed_expression

I've played this on other forums, and it's certainly an entertaining waste of time. I'm exceptionally fond of werewolves as well (mostly due to a love of terrible werewolf films as a kid) but it would probably be more fitting to steampunk it a little bit.

Potentially you could set it on an airship and have two Devious Enemy Agents as werewolves, with one Dashing British Intelligence Officer as the seer, with everyone else as idle passengers.

Alternatively set it in Victorian London and have two Rippers with one Scotland Yard Detective. Or even better, have Moriarty + Henchman as werewolves, against Holmes the seer.

I dunno, I can't be bothered to come up with more than that...I suppose it doesn't really matter what you call people. I'm guessing you'd be the moderator; is this going to be more of a for-fun game, or is there more of a roleplay aspect to it? And are you going to introduce any of those other rules listed on that site, like that 'Lovers' alternative or whatever?

CapnHarlock

Now you've done it......I'm going to have Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" playing in my head all day.......

It does sound interesting, though :)
Jeremiah Cornelius Harlock
At Your Service

"It's so hard to know if you're bound for a fall,
But better to have tripped than never danced at all."
"Dancing Under The Rose" - The Albion Band.

kiskolou

I like the lovers theme, it's even better when a werewolf and a citizen are lovers! Drama ensues...
I like the jack the ripper theme, but keep the ideas coming!
Hmm...Maybe this should be in portrayal.
"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!