News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

anyone care to befriend the new kid?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 08, 2008, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvia Lovett

Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Lady Penelope

Silvia Lovett

Laverna Lovett~

::sigh:: yes, my computer was down too...i'm just glad to know it wasn't only me. That happens a lot.

Silvia Lovett

Laverna your computer challenged.....

Laverna Lovett~

hey, yours wasn't working either.
However, i did try to upload a picture and my computer simply refused to accept it. Has anyone ever gotten in a cat fight with their computer before?

Lady Penelope

No, but only because it's really hard on the cat.  Internal bruising, y'know.  Unless the cat is forewarned and can land feet-first, but that leaves deep scratches on the monitor.

Laverna Lovett~

Hmm....there's an easy way to find out how that would go.
Heeeeree kitty-kitty-kiiittyyy...
Hehe my cat Sassy would be perfect for this. She's scared to death of everything. All i'd have to do is throw her at the screen and see what happens after that. It would serve my computer right.

Silvia Lovett

evil thought laverna!!
your pic isn't showing up!

Laverna Lovett~

yes i know. proof of my computer's foolery.
and don't call ME evil. You're like Satan to your cats. No wonder they hate you.

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

Once dropped a cat into a snow bank. It made a cat-shaped hole like Wile E. Cayote falling off a cliff. Five minutes later a very unfriendly cat emerged from the aforementioned snow bank. Hilarious. My mate went looking for his other cat, but we never found it.

I don't really like cats.

¬Brilliantly Hilarious O'Byrne
Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com

Laverna Lovett~

You don't like cats? I think they're hilarious creatures. Warm and fuzzy, too. Or fat, in the case of one of my cats.

Haha my boyfriend once dropped his cat off a balcony or something of the sort...it broke its little kitty ankle  :-[  My black cat voluntarily jumped off our balcony. he hasn't done it since...i guess he just needed to get it out of his system. He's not very bright.

Silvia Lovett

Heck lavenera i'd jump off that blaconey too *mumbles* if i wasn't so clumsy* any ways my cats love me^.^

Laverna Lovett~

Well yes, because there's a couch right below it. And you know you'd never jump off of it. You won't even lean over it.

And you also know that your cats hate you. Why do you think they run every time you come in a room?

Silvia Lovett

miss kitty only runs/attacks the Queen almadla (sp?) doll...remember

Laverna Lovett~

hahaha you mean amidala? yeah, i still remember that. Ms. Kitty is an island unto herself.
And i wasn't talking about her before, i meant gypsy and jinx, the two fat ones that stink.
Haha that reminds me of nana: "feed her chicken, and she'll blow you out of the house"

Silvia Lovett

Captain_Minty_Gearhertz

I had a cat dropped on me when I was on a computer. Way before now, in a time when I had dial-up nets' I was at a friends house, taking advantage of his broadbands, while he and my sister watched Epic Movie. The film induced such boredom that they DROPPED A CAT ON ME! Cats hate me anyway, so it was cats claws into my legs, I jump up, frighten the cat and confront my sister and friend as they have hysterics. The cats refuse to enter the house when I am visting...
The music is reversable, but time...is not.

vonWolfehaus

Quote from: Albrecht on April 11, 2008, 10:33:11 AM
Quote from: vonWolfehaus on April 11, 2008, 09:45:17 AM
Quote from: Albrecht on April 11, 2008, 06:38:59 AM
Well, we are. It's all a matter of how far you go back...
I could tell you the many ways in which you are incorrect, but that's a path to grounds we don't want to trod on here (so I've read). That is assuming you're speaking of the mythical Adam and Eve, and that is the only logical interpretation I can think of. Please excuse my rudeness if that is not the case.
Well, excuse me. I mean it in the evolutionary sense and since we descent from one female (according to mitochonrial RNA evidence) who lived some 20.000 years ago, we are all cousins in some distant way.
And the only god I bow to is Cthulhu, which I have stated on many occasions in this forum. ;D ;)

My sincerest apologies then! It's always heartwarming to meet a fellow Cultist ;) I just looked up "mitochondrial Eve" and "Y-chromosomal Adam", which I actually had never heard of before. It doesn't make sense to me so I will have to investigate further. Thanks for new bits of info, very interesting!
cold constructs
flash, hci/ui r&d

Silvia Lovett

Hyren von Henry

cats aren't evil! they're amoral.

and cunning.
Est. 1990

Ampère Volt

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Hyren von Henry

Est. 1990

Ampère Volt

Why yes twice daily!  And I've also taught them to sit, to lift a paw, to jump on top of a stool, to follow, to fetch, to stand and to go through a tunnel.
But cunning?  :-\
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Mercy

Quote from: Ampère on April 12, 2008, 11:52:19 AM
Why yes twice daily!  And I've also taught them to sit, to lift a paw, to jump on top of a stool, to follow, to fetch, to stand and to go through a tunnel.
But cunning?  :-\

My cats have taught me to follow them...