News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

anyone care to befriend the new kid?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 08, 2008, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akumabito

Quote from: Arcturon the hobo on April 08, 2008, 10:54:28 PM
Yes, I had this horrendously badc idea of fitting bmx wheels to the wheelchair and taking it to a skate park.

Rofl, I'd rob someone to pay to see that...

On a similarly idiotic note; my brother found out the hard way that taking a unicycle down a skateramp is a very bad idea. Something to do with the crank being connected directly to the wheel, smashing your shin, combined with the inherent instability of a single wheeled vehicle design not taking kindly to steep slopes. It was an interesting sight.. It went like *swish*chok*OUCH!*crash*slide*OOOOOOHHH!* and then we were all pointing and laughing until we saw all the blood and someone figured it might be a good idea to call an ambulance. Ahhhhh, good times.

Silvia Lovett

Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Arcturon the hobo

All throwing weapons are fun.

I must say, I have seen a friend of mine ride a unicycle up and down stairs without incident.

Mind you, he can also ride an eight foot unicycle blindfolded while juggling under his leg.
Nae king, nae quin, nae laird, nae master! We won't be fooled agin!

I do not suffer fools, fools suffer ME!

"If she be the daughter of fifty kings" Said Father Fitzgibbon "I tell you, you can't marry her, she being a fish."

http://sceyeballkid.deviantart.com/

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

I'm curious, Kid, I know yer new and all, but how do you figure your stranger then this bunch? We're all quite mad. Some of us even have cards that say so.

Eastern US, hey? Come visit us in Ireland! S'only a short swim, hey? *Grin*

¬Sean Sincere

Post Script: Throwing knives always go high for me. Throwing axes I'm quite deadly with, last I checked. Note: buy throwing axe...
Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com

Silvia Lovett

i may not be as mad as you but for a us girl i am very strange.
i like knives.
i'm goign to put a new pic up! w00t w00t!

P.s.> please don't call me kid... i don't like being reffered to as a child because i'm not.

Ampère Volt

I never pro claim myself strange, or evil. There's always the odd one around to do so  ;D
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

rogue_designer

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 08, 2008, 11:21:12 PM
P.s.> please don't call me kid... i don't like being reffered to as a child because i'm not.

Err.. then I wouldn't title your own thread suchly.

Regardless. Welcome welcome!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
(Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. But deserve a nice glass of absinthe. I have some Montemarte in the cabinet, if you wish.)

Lady Penelope

Quote from: rogue_designer on April 08, 2008, 11:26:27 PM
Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 08, 2008, 11:21:12 PM

Err.. then I wouldn't title your own thread suchly.

ROTFL!  You beat me to the observation.   ;D

Silvia Lovett

it's just a saying...it woudn't sound right saying help the new woman...
i love your picture...avatar thing, rouge

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

Yes, well, er. As y'say. It was the thread name, y'see, as mentioned. You shall henceforth be known by me as madmwa... madmossi... mawamosell... Mizz Lovett.

¬Sean Sussurus.

Or is it susurrus...?

Damnit.

Post Script: I sympathize with not wanting to be thought of as a child. I look, on average, nearly a decade older then I am, and have always acted accordingly. For five years, when new folks would meet one of my circles, they'd play the game "Guess how old that guy is" and point at the bearded bloke. Let me tell you, it got old, especially when people think of you differently when there's a number attached to your name. Bastids!

Sorry for the rant  :-X

www.doctorsteel.com

Franklin Wrayburn

Ah, glad to see you finally showed up Jules.  ;D You seem to have amassed quite a following in quite a short amount of time. Good show!
The brass behemoth did turn and stare at me and I at It before It turned and lumbered away with a creak. In It's eyes there was almost seen a dulled intelligence, trapped behind servitude and great agony, and always will I ponder what sentience, if any, exists behind the eyes of clockwork automata.

Lady Penelope

I remember being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up well into my college years, which was a bit embarrassing.  And when I started working for a university (at age 30), I still kept getting confused for an undergraduate student.  Of course, the flip side of this is that I'm in my 40s now, and people still tend to assume I'm younger than I am, so it all works out.   ;D

Silvia Lovett

CODY!!!cha!
i've made friends...i think...

@sean:
i understand i do *pats on back*

@penelope:
if i grow up i would like to be a photographer

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

See, that has its uses. People think I'm older, and sometimes end up looking down on me once they find out otherwise. When I'm old, I'm going to look really bloody old. That's why I've been working on my 'get off my lawn' cane shake. This boy thinks ahead, eh whot?

¬S.P.O'B

P.S. Er, yes? Oh. That Cody...

www.doctorsteel.com

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

ah yes, i often get mistaken for significantly younger than i am. the running joke here is if i strap my boobs down i can get in for 12 and under meals! I'm 26 and last week a cashier guessed me as 18... oh well my mother is 58 and looks 35.

Silvia Lovett

HAHA!
i don't think i look older or younger han i am...
my boyfriend is 17 without facial hair
and 30 with facial hair >.<

i get kids meals because i fight for them i don't eat alot and i get angry when they won't let me order them...what do they care i'm paying for it!! AGH!
it's only becasue adult meals are more exspensive!! &$^#

what do you think of my new pic...
*goes and put it up

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

that annoys the living day lights out of me too! what business is it of theirs if i don't want to eat 4 times i normally do in one setting! kids meals fit me just fine. oh well. :P my husband is actually 4 years my junior yet people think hes the older of the two of us!
Spoiler: ShowHide

rogue_designer

I like the new Avatar.

Being a photographer is great - since you don't *have* to grow up... unless you own your own business, then well... someone has to pay the bills.

:)

Thank you for the compliment. That's pretty much what I wear daily.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
(Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. But deserve a nice glass of absinthe. I have some Montemarte in the cabinet, if you wish.)

Franklin Wrayburn

Perhaps, Madame Dreadful, it's the goatee. To a certain point, men do look a few years older with a bit of facial hair. I can see how they would get confused though, you do look quite young, and quite beautiful, if you don't mind me saying.
The brass behemoth did turn and stare at me and I at It before It turned and lumbered away with a creak. In It's eyes there was almost seen a dulled intelligence, trapped behind servitude and great agony, and always will I ponder what sentience, if any, exists behind the eyes of clockwork automata.

Silvia Lovett

Yes madame i must agree, you are quite pretty....i'm rather boish. you should the pics i left in the dress up section. my boyfriend looks like he's way to old to be with me but he's not ^.~
@rouge: very nice i love that hat!

Laverna Lovett~

oi! silvia! who are you talking to? i told you to stay away from strangers

Sean Patrick O-Byrne

www.doctorsteel.com

Silvia Lovett

Quote from: Laverna Lovett~ on April 09, 2008, 12:44:25 AM
oi! silvia! who are you talking to? i told you to stay away from strangers
she my sister -.-
i love strangers!!

Laverna Lovett~

well, not technically her sister, but i might as well be. I'm over at her house every week eating from her fridge, anyways.

and i guess you're not strangers anymore, since she's been talking to you all so much.

Mercy