your other (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend) steampunk too?

Started by Silvia Lovett, April 11, 2008, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynn MacCallister

Yeah, it's meant to be big. I doubt it'll be as big as the organisers are saying, but it's meant to be significant.

I am quite seriously going to end up either in the Blue Mountains or in Melbourne for the duration, though.

Kuma

Quote from: Jarod20 on April 12, 2008, 02:39:23 AM
I am currently building a girlfriend to join me in my artistic and scientific endeavors but am having trouble financing the construction...
Donations accepted.

you accepting commisions?

Albrecht

Quote from: Rowan of Rin on April 11, 2008, 11:47:33 PM
Ah, you all have such inspirational relationships, I'm glad you have all found people you like to be around, regardless of Steampunkedness.
And Prof Fzz, you are NOT wasting you time! I must say, you are officially my hero, and my room is modeled in  a fashion after your study :) I can just see you son becoming a great man some day!
But I have the same problem, some people I know don't mind the Steampunk aesthetic as much, but they get very embarrassed if I dress up in full kit, so I rarely do, except in my own privacy. I am a closet Steampunk :)

That's a shame, but there are precious few of us compared to other [gear heavy (no pun intended but nice anyway)] life styles.

Silvia Lovett

Yes i believe people need to be drug into steampunk it's wonderful!!
Broken hearts change the mind, notice that they'er killing mine.

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

my husband isnt at all steamy(well...in the steampunk sense atleast) he is 100% goth lol but thats fine. i've always had a Johnny Cash men-in-black thing any way :P

Mercury Wells

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 12, 2008, 01:45:33 PM
Yes i believe people need to be drug into steampunk it's wonderful!!

I hope you meant dragged and not drugged?  :o

*Imagining Miss Lovett doing a Rocky Horror type SP "Floor Show"*  ;D

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.

Silvia Lovett

Either, or ^-^
My boy friend is very british looking sometime other times he's quite wolfish....there's pictures of me and him on my DA

cefriedl

My husband is what I refer to as a closet nerd ( I can be called this at times too) so I'm not sure when his love of steampunk developed. I'm sure well before I met him. I've always loved it, without even knowing what it was called or that other people loved it too. However, we had been together for nearly two years before we realized the shared interest. My husband loves steampunk, but he is also a cyberpunk fan. I on the other hand greatly dislike cyberpunk. Our favorite past times include searching for steampunk books, movies, etc and deciding HOW steamy a piece of work actually is. We enjoy entirely different parts of the genre. He likes the machines, gears and goggles while I'm all about the clothes (what woman isn't? :P). I hope to collaborate with him on a few of my costume projects down the road. I'm not great with the gadget design  :-\.

http://clockworkrunway.blogspot.com/    -Comment Away!

Silvia Lovett

My boyfriend broke up with me last night
i'm so broken hearted

Rowan of Rin

That is terrible news! I give you all my condolences, and hope that broken heart can be mended. *hug*
I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!

Silvia Lovett

Thanks i stayed home from school today to recoupe...
i loved him sooo much

Doctor Trakov

Nope.
Don't even have a significant other, nor have I ever, and nor shall I ever try.
Too much effort.

Silvia Lovett

Radio Saturday

I find myself unexpectedly in love with a wonderful young man... Who is now a member of this very forum.

So I guess that answers that question, then. ;D
OBSCURE
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2190763/1/">Anapura</a>
<a href="http://www.radiosaturday.com">Radio Saturday Press</a>

Laverna Lovett~

Silvia Lovett

i iwhs my companion would call or pm me...i still want to be his friend. hell if i can't have him as a lover i'm not losing him as a best friend!!

kiskolou

We've been together too long not to have kissed yet. It's my fault, but still. I shall remedy that...
As I've stated many a time, she's into it all, but less than me. More into 20's style shtuff, which is also awesome, but not usually paleofuture.
"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Difference Engineer

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 11, 2008, 01:03:37 PM
OKay i have a boyfriend and he's not steam punk at all and he finds it very weird i was just inerested to see how many steampunks have steampunk other or regular others.....
post a pic of them if you'd like ^.^
My partner has an interest in steampunk, and oddly enough our interests overlap almost exactly: Both of us greatly enjoy making things, but I am much more interested in sewing clothes from scratch than she is.  Both of us have an interest in propmaking, however.
"You look like you're about to jump in your gyrocopter or something."
--Anonymous coworker

Radio Saturday

OBSCURE
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2190763/1/">Anapura</a>
<a href="http://www.radiosaturday.com">Radio Saturday Press</a>

Laverna Lovett~

Ah, that's good. There's nothing so sad as unrequited or hidden love...

kiskolou

Quote from: kiskolou on April 15, 2008, 03:55:01 AM
We've been together too long not to have kissed yet. It's my fault, but still. I shall remedy that...
As I've stated many a time, she's into it all, but less than me. More into 20's style shtuff, which is also awesome, but not usually paleofuture.
I remedied it, yay!
"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!

BaronPablo

Yes, she is! She threw me into the subculture + fashion and I'm going to throw her into the fiction, when she finally gets some time to read.
Mr. Saturday of Mr. Saturday & Sixpence, Gentlemen-For-Hire!
AetherFest, Texas' Oldest Steampunk Convention, Chairman
San Antonio Neo-Victorian Association, Chairman

Silvia Lovett

the Hat

Quote from: Silvia Lovett on April 14, 2008, 11:04:48 AM
My boyfriend broke up with me last night
i'm so broken hearted

I went through a similar (although not quite equal) experience this February. After three years, it is so hard to forget a relationship of that length and depth. It was funny, only several months before that, I showed my significant other this site. She looked at me, looked at the screen, looked at me again and said: "I'm not at all surprised!" It was not in a condemning way at all. Apparently, she HAD heard of steampunk before, but as far as I know was not all that immersed in it.
[color=black]"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz[/color]

Doctor Trakov

I think that my current and, so far, only state is due to me being quite a bit... Odd.
I keep an Oxford dictionary on my desk, and I am apparently the best spoken in my year at school, but I also listen to Motorhead and Children of Bodem.