News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

The Steam Gallery Volume 1

Started by TheRedMax, February 26, 2007, 03:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little-spoon

Before I discovered steampunk, I wore EGL and lolita everyday, so I have no "normal" clothes pictures.  Also the are large, my apologies.

I love this picture, even though you can't see my face.  (actually, that is one of the reasons I like it so much.)

A picture from a tea party I hosted celebrating international Loliday.

Mad Maxine

I just posted this on the LOL Goth thread, and I don't mean to derail this thread, but I had to share.

Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.

p0stal b0b

Wedding photo, about 18 months ago, before I started growing my moustache:

Incidentally, this was before I discovered "steampunk" as a genre, when I just thought I loved old-fashioned stuff... :D

Also, congratulations on the moustache, Alexander, I'm suitably jealous. Mine is merely a work in progress, I'm afraid...

Datamancer

I still had my camera tripod set up from taking the new Computational Engine pics, so my girlfriend, the lovely Lady Kimmortal, snuck off a shot of me while I was bumming around house (she's the one in the picture frame).

...and here she's the one in the winged She-Ra headress.

-~D~-
"I'm not a paranoid deranged millionaire. Goddamit, I'm a billionaire." - Howard Hughes

Doctor When

First outing for the new goggles...

Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!

Hikaro Takayama

Well, This picture is about a year old (taken of me right before my brother's wedding, where I was best man), but the closest I have to me being in proper steampunk attire:

....That aught to provide ample reason why I've never had any luck with the ladies.
"It is by steam alone that I set my contraptions in motion.
It is by combustion of coal and boiling water that the engines acquire speed.
For protection, the eyes acquire goggles,
The goggles become a warning.
It is by steam alone that I set my contraptions in motion."

Autoclave

Doctor When

Quote from: morriganslayde on August 06, 2007, 01:53:28 AMAm I the only lady who often gets the urge to sit on Doctor When's lap?  It seems like lately it's all I can think of doing.  Maybe it's because of that dream I had where all the ladies were in his lap... but his lap seemed like a fun place to be. P:

I say!

*drops monocle*

*books airship passage to the Southern Hemisphere*

Quote from: naheone of the boy and I from the steampunk ball in los angeles
What a lovely couple... I'm not sure who's prettier, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Doctor When

Oh, and I feel I ought to share this with you, too:

Click to enlarge!

Drawn by a very talented artist and friend of mine, Mr. Jackson: Collected Curios

His Sequential Art web comic is lovely, but you'll need to start from the beginning!

Tristian Dreyman

My latest outfit. The black formal wear frock-coat was too warm to wear everyday, now that the weather is increasingly hot, so I have acquired a new lighter, green velvet one. I've also dispensed with the cravat.

I really do need to get some boots...

Excuse the coathanger...
"What's that?"
"Hmm? Oh a mechanical lobster."
"Why?"
"Why not?"

Nikandedd

Some of me and the father from Dorkbot Austin.

I'm the younger looking one, by the way.

Doctor When

Quote from: S.Sprocket on August 06, 2007, 04:58:41 PMVery nice all around. Also Dr. When, congradulations on aquiring the attention of the ladies :D 

One tries one's best.

It must be the hat...

Quote from: morriganslayde on August 07, 2007, 10:20:13 AMWas that a bit too forward? I am sorry!  I am a bit..unconventional.

Rest assured, "unconventional" floats my steamship every time. All aboard! Toot toot!

p0stal b0b

I took a few photos today, but the last one was a bit blurry...

p0stal b0b

Took a few photos today, sadly lamenting the lack of someone else to hold the camera though.

Autoclave

Playing around with some color tonight and this came out ::)

Master Sinton

I got to this thread a bit late but thought I may aswell post a pic of myself. this is the best one I have at the moment.

Master A Sinton

SomewhatSavvy

Whew!! As promised, (finally) my first Steampunk costume. It's definitely not complete (I wasn't even wearing shoes!) and I didn't get a great full shot of it since I had to take the pictures myself, but...there you have it!

Master Sinton

As I said I would here is a photo I got a friend to take of my hair today at school, blasted non working camera at home.

To give some idea of proportion I am about 6 foot 1 or so in the old money and its a bit hard to tell but my hair goes down to almost the bottom of my back.

Also Savvy I must say that I love that hat.

MrFats

Mr. Daemon that made me laugh for quite some time. I also realize my face was usually not shown in the photos I take so. Here is a close up.

Oh dear, I look a bit..evil there. Another one

Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer

Prof. Brockworth

You, sir, need the zombie apocalypse.  It'll come soon enough.  :)

One feels this should be captioned, "In ur boiler room, engineerin'"
Recovering from pennyfarthing bruises...

Kurochi

My entry for the Ectoplasmosis "Go Like This!" contest.  I also found it somehow delightful!  ;D

SomewhatSavvy

Another of my "Steampunk" costumes. It's actually an Estella (from Great Expectations) costume from four years ago, but I saw it the other day in my album and thought I'd post it. I have some better pictures around here somewhere...*scrounges*

Edit-I decided my photo was entirely too large.

SomewhatSavvy

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/detail.asp?memberid=6500

WHEW!! Sorry....had to get that out of my system! Sure they're both not finished but...it's a start?

batty

this is the closest i have to a really authentic outfit. it's not quite as punk inventor, yet it is historically accurate to the turn of the century...

Please excuse the fact that my dressform is a bit on the short side today, the skirt should actually just brush the floor.

The Infernal Mr Adams

Quote from: morriganslayde on August 18, 2007, 04:46:58 AM
Someone needs to make a 'talk about your guns!' thread.  'cause I ain't seeing no hot steamy boys anymore!! WHERE'S MY HOT MEN?!

Right here, baby :P

Signed,
Mr. M___ E_____ Adams
Tinkerer, Adventurer, Man of Leisure, Weird Westerner, and Cad
18--