News:

In case of emergency, please visit our Lifeboat Forum, Spare Goggles.

Main Menu

The "How Was Your Day" Thread II

Started by The Kernel, May 26, 2010, 09:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

Considering weight, I'd say in the region of ten thousand Canadian dolla per foot. Adjusted for which particular foot you want, of course. If you want to top foot, you can have it for four and sixpence if you get it yourself. If you want the bottom foot, it'll be a bit pricier.

Lady Lavinea Dreadful

my day is turning out well. im in the midst of packing for my new apartment. i plan to move in this friday or next. it will be my first home of my very own. no husbands boyfriends or family, just me. im also going to be starting my second part time job as the sales manager for my local spencers gifts in the next few days. life will be hectic for a while working two jobs and going to night school, but i cant wait! and this friday i have a real life,pick-you-up-at-your-home-and-take-you-to-dinner-and-a-movie, date! its a first for me in my life. ;) very excited about that. so all in all its a good day!

oh and PS said Gentleman caller knew what steampunk was before he met me! i just about swooned!

Capt. Morion

Today was a cold, rainy, lonely waste of a 21st birthday :( It's sad when you have to take yourself out to dinner...
The bad guys always have the best tailors

Mechanic

Most excellent - go forth and live life Lady Lavinea!
Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.

Mechanic

Quote from: Capt. Morion on May 31, 2010, 10:46:09 PM
Today was a cold, rainy, lonely waste of a 21st birthday :( It's sad when you have to take yourself out to dinner...

I raise a glass to you in honour of your natal day sir! And fret not - 25 is generally much better.
Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.

Indefinitive

I had a very good morning.  :)

But then I got to work. :( Two of the girls I've been working with left today. Stacy, who I had gotten rather attached to because we had so much in common, finished her training and started at a new location today. Kate, my Russian friend with an accent that makes me smile, left to move up into a bigger office. I miss them already, and it's only been a day.

I also was assigned a large task today instead of a bunch of little ones, and wasn't able to finish it. I feel like I accomplished nothing. I might go in early tomorrow to get it done.

Because I was feeling so crappy about not getting it done today at work, I was going to go for a run. Then, as soon as I get in the door, I start to head downstairs to say hi to my mom and sister. Of course, I'm having a bad enough day as it is, so I roll a one at the top of the stairs and fall on my ass all the way down, landing on the concrete floor on the bottom. Ow. So now I can't go for my run because my back hurts. Sonuvabitch.

Damn it. I really wanted to go for my run.  >:(

Now I just feel like crap. On top of that, after I fell, I was lying in a heap on the floor, and I laughed because I couldn't feel the pain yet. I keep wanting to laugh, oddly enough. So my mom doesn't even look over and ask if I'm okay. All she says is, "Did you break anything?" so I told her I thought I was fine. You want to know what she meant? She was talking about the box of candles at the top of the stairs. When I told her I fell, all she said was, "Walk much?"  :-\ Thanks, mom. I'll keep that in mind when I pick out your retirement home.

So now I'm just going to read an email from my boss and watch Cowboy Bebop until I fall asleep. Grumblegrumblegrumble...
Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html

Capt. Morion

Quote from: Mechanic on May 31, 2010, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: Capt. Morion on May 31, 2010, 10:46:09 PM

I raise a glass to you in honour of your natal day sir! And fret not - 25 is generally much better.

Cheers and thanks. I hope 25 is better, especially since that's the year I graduate as well ;P
The bad guys always have the best tailors

darkshines

My day has been meh so far. I have been ill with a stomach virus since Friday night and thought I was geting better, but no, and had to call in sick from work because I am too scared to be too far from the bathroom! HOWEVER, I did get a call from my tattooist and booked another consultation about my design, so that kept me busy for a while. I am still in my pjs at gone 2pm, unheard of for me, feeling a tad miserable and embarassed, and I think if I got dressed and out of the house (not too far from a loo), I would feel better. Maybe. It doesn't help that my housemates have moved out and I am alone as well. No-one likes being alone and ill!
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

RoseOak

You poor thing xx. I know how you feel about tummy trouble. I will certainly never be baking with wheat free flour ever again, I feel like I've eaten lead and everything is swimming.

darkshines

I went to the doctor and he said I have mild food poisoning (and I know where from), and to just carry on as I was. Eat bland food whenever I like, drink loads of water, have fun and don't worry. The worst thing I can do is take Imodium or similar,as it will keep the germs in. Just gotta poop! Haha, I am getting graphic now, aren't I? I think I'll take the short (45 minute) train journey to Mr C's and relax in the country for a few days, seeing as how I am now signed off work for the rest of the week :(
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

RoseOak

At least you know where it was from so thats a blessing (yes/no?). I should warn you, I don't know which part of the country you'll be going but tis chucking it down in my part of this green and squishy land and will be ever so untill the w/e.

I hope you get better soon.

ps
You should have kept the crop so you could order him around whilst in your sick bed  ;)

darkshines

Haha, now that would have been a plan! I don't mind the rain, if anything it would be better. I know I am a strange fruit but I love being cold and wet! It makes me happy and comfortable, I blame a childhood in Scotland.....

Dorian Ambrose

Hard day at work.
Packaged just over 5 tons of wine yeast. But as long as I get paid, I don't mind a bit of hard work.

Now I relaxing, and trying to work out the details of my next project.

RoseOak

Quote from: darkshines on June 01, 2010, 05:40:59 PM
Haha, now that would have been a plan! I don't mind the rain, if anything it would be better. I know I am a strange fruit but I love being cold and wet! It makes me happy and comfortable, I blame a childhood in Scotland.....

I don't mind the cold but the wet. It drives me insane, so much mud! I like the rain as long as it doesn't involve the mud. Give me a nice rainy day or night when I'm warm, inside and don't have to actually go out in it.

Reverend Panic

Stressful in a word.

Got show 1 off the ground, after many adventures involving a Kabuki drop system, we finally got a show through it's tech and dress rehearsals. Tomorrow, we get show 2 off the ground, show's 3 and 4 are in pre-production week and shows 5, 6 and 7 have had their first day of rehearsals.

Everything that could go wrong today, did.

It never gets any easier, y'know?

Now to curl up in bed with a good film and a cuppa tea ~ <3
Come and chat in the IRC, #Brassgoggles on Freenode, or click this link for the Browser based IRC Application:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=brassgoggles

(We have cookies.)

phang

Today is ending with banana splits. Therefore it is a good day!  ;D
N=R* x f(p) x n(e) x f(l) x f(i) x f(c) x L

So? Where is everyone?

Indefinitive

I've had one of those days today. I felt really stressed out from the moment I walked in the door at work.

I have a feeling it's because of a fellow trainee, Lea. She's learning really slowly. We're both getting moved to the same location two weeks from now, and I'm nervous. There will be three of us there, including our boss, and I really don't think we have time to teach and re-teach everything. It could just be that I'm catching on REALLY fast, but I'm already picking up her slack. I'm not willing to do it when we get to our new location, but at the same time, I want our location to succeed, so I can't not help her. I'm also not qualified to teach her, so I have no idea how to go about this.

Damn it.

Part of me is hoping that she just quits so we can have someone better, as awful as that sounds.

Ah well. I have tomorrow morning to look forward to. Maybe I'll go to sleep early and see if I can wake up early enough to give myself more than three hours to talk to my someone tomorrow. :)
Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html

Wilhelmina Frame

My day ended up being really quite amazing.

It was gray but I got up at a decent hour and got off to my job a bit early. It was my long term client's birthday today so I brought him a bottle of red. He had a bad birthday as he had to take his daughter to the emergency room early in the morning. She is mending and OK now. The business was quiet. In the afternoon, my client arrived with box and announced that "I want you to have this." It was a Leica Point and Shoot that used to be his daughter's. She has a Leica SLR now. My client is a huge Leica aficionado. I can not tell you how gobsmacked and surprised was with this. And touched. He said that she doesn't use it anymore and that I have been so helpful to him that he wanted me to have it. This is an amazing and expensive camera. It shoots .raw files and has variable aspect modes. Wow! My client is such a gentleman and so generous. I am lucky to have him especially in this slow economy.

Later my Truly Victorian patterns arrived in the mail and also the fabric I bought from ebay. The fabric is exactly what I need. I am thrilled with that as you never know on ebay.

I had a great dinner of leftovers from the weekend and a nice night with the man.

Banner day!
Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

helios

Quote from: Reverend Panic on June 01, 2010, 10:47:21 PM
Stressful in a word.

Got show 1 off the ground, after many adventures involving a Kabuki drop system, we finally got a show through it's tech and dress rehearsals. Tomorrow, we get show 2 off the ground, show's 3 and 4 are in pre-production week and shows 5, 6 and 7 have had their first day of rehearsals.

It never really does. We used to joke that, if, on the day, nothing had gone wrong before the perfomance, something was going to go terribly wrong right in the middle. And invaribly it did. But I guess we tended to be looking out for it, so it got fixed quickly.
Good luck with tomorrow, and the next few weeks.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!

Inflatable Friend

After a fantastic week of stunning villages, brain numbing gallery opening parties, Rome's Critical Mass weekender, inspirational Edward Hopper exhibitions, lovely gardens, a pilgrimage to see three of the most beautiful sea-planes ever created and possible proof of the Vaticans secret mechanical army...

Being back in the office dealing with grey skies and dull paperwork is something of a let down.

mr_Apricot

Spent the other night in Jail, but now I'm able to post again, so I suppose that's good.

phang

Quote from: mr_Apricot on June 02, 2010, 05:56:15 PM
Spent the other night in Jail, but now I'm able to post again, so I suppose that's good.

I will conjecture that this choice of evening venue was not entirely voluntary?
N=R* x f(p) x n(e) x f(l) x f(i) x f(c) x L

So? Where is everyone?

mr_Apricot

not at all, may i take this opportunity to ask the forum what long term effects a citation can have?

Reverend Panic

Quote from: helios on June 02, 2010, 04:02:01 AM
Quote from: Reverend Panic on June 01, 2010, 10:47:21 PM
Stressful in a word.

It never really does. We used to joke that, if, on the day, nothing had gone wrong before the perfomance, something was going to go terribly wrong right in the middle. And invaribly it did. But I guess we tended to be looking out for it, so it got fixed quickly.
Good luck with tomorrow, and the next few weeks.

Everything's going wrong. It's fixable. I can fix this. Just gonna take a lot of time and a lot of energy.

We open tomorrow. Today? Just hit 00:11. I aught go and get some sleep.
Come and chat in the IRC, #Brassgoggles on Freenode, or click this link for the Browser based IRC Application:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=brassgoggles

(We have cookies.)

helios

Yes, you ought. Sleep keeps techies alive, and fingers on hands.

mr_Apricot, sorry to be so terribly rude, but you will tell us the circumstances that led to said internment, won't you?
In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!