News:

For Forum status and technical updates, follow @vonCorax on Twitter X, and @vonCorax@mastodon.social on Mastodon.

Main Menu

Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)

Started by Gin-Soaked, June 20, 2010, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt. Tobias Warde

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 04, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
Not steampunk but seeing as someone decided to be a twat and remove the usual post your picture thread ( for what reason exactly? ) I'll have to post it here instead.

OH SHIT! I'm a pirate!  :D I made that eyepatch seeing as the ones sold by fancy dress shops are A- Massive and practically cover half my nose as well as an eye, and B- really crap and made of either hard plastic or sweaty felt >.<

So I made mine out of thick card, topped with some false leather, a lace flower , a couple of real chick legbones courtesy of a nice eagle owl pellet, and some beads and ribbon to tie it on. Job's a good un'  ;D

Spoiler: ShowHide

Whole outfit. I pinned the skirt up at the front for added oomph and whatnot. I'm terribly pleased with it all :D

As one pirate to another...Yaaaarrrr! You make a wonderful wench, certainly welcome on my crew  ;)

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"

Mrs. Coppernut

Excuse the lack of obvious steam in this one, but I just love it X_x
It's the best picture of me that someone else took in a loooong while.

http://bloodstained-snow.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2t6me7
Full speed ahead Mr. Copperpants!

Engineer

Quote from: Honeythorn on July 04, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
Not steampunk but seeing as someone decided to be a twat and remove the usual post your picture thread ( for what reason exactly? ) I'll have to post it here instead.

OH SHIT! I'm a pirate!  :D I made that eyepatch seeing as the ones sold by fancy dress shops are A- Massive and practically cover half my nose as well as an eye, and B- really crap and made of either hard plastic or sweaty felt >.<

So I made mine out of thick card, topped with some false leather, a lace flower , a couple of real chick legbones courtesy of a nice eagle owl pellet, and some beads and ribbon to tie it on. Job's a good un'  ;D

Looking good Honeythorn (as usual)  :)

Since you've gone this far with the costume, why not put together steampunk 'airship pirate' accessories for it ( leather flying helmet, flying goggles, etc )?

Whole outfit. I pinned the skirt up at the front for added oomph and whatnot. I'm terribly pleased with it all :D

Honeythorn

Looking good Honeythorn (as usual)  Smiley

Since you've gone this far with the costume, why not put together steampunk 'airship pirate' accessories for it ( leather flying helmet, flying goggles, etc )?

It's a future possibility for sure.
<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·

RaasAlHayya

Quote from: darkshines on July 04, 2010, 08:02:34 AM
*twitches* Eye pins. EYE PINS!

*has made about 100 pairs of earrings recently with eye pins*

So many......pins......

LOL! When I made the whole ensemble of collar, anklets, bicep & wrist bracelets, headband & belt, it took about eight hours solid of threading and twisting eye pins. I don't even have any idea how many there are. After I was done, I wondered why my hand was swollen and felt kind of weird... :P

Hey, maybe I ought to model the set for y'all? I need a photographer.

--Leslie

Kayt

Here are some photos of me from a trip my family took last month. One of my sisters took and edited these.

[Edit: Removed]

And here's one I took of the wild horses. It was raining.

"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Choreocrat

From a picnic yesterday in the cold Canberra winter:

I'm on the left. There were others, but this is just one photo.
Choreocracy - A form of government in which power is given to the best dancer.

Member of the Earthly Delights Historic Dance Academy

BronzeGiant

Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 03, 2010, 10:14:49 AM

Generally I don't photograph well. :(

--Leslie

Pardon me but....Like Hell you don't.
It's better to be Savage than Super.

RaasAlHayya

Quote from: BronzeGiant on July 05, 2010, 02:28:11 AM
Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 03, 2010, 10:14:49 AM

Generally I don't photograph well. :(

--Leslie

Pardon me but....Like Hell you don't.

LOL, thanks...you're very sweet! As I mentioned before, these are the rare photos where I don't look like I'm in pain or stoned. Maybe I just need a good photographer...

--Leslie

Xanthy

Bought some new hair and did a photoshoot with it. In some of my steampunk stuff, of course.
The photographer's name is Alex Baumans and he mainly does fantasy/goth/cosplay/... stuff. He's also one of the few who still take analog pictures (the black and white is done with an analog camera).

And one with my normal hair:

Too bad I don't have any pics with my bustle frame/skirt yet, I should have a cd with all the photos somewhere next week.
And please excuse all the bits and pieces that don't seem to make sense, modifications of this outfit are on their way (such as: upgrading the stripey sleeves/gloves, making extra ruffles for on my skirt, getting new goggles, new corset, making hair accessories, ...)

Also:
a photo from about a year back, showing Tython Corey and I at the Elf Fantasy Fair 2009.

RaasAlHayya

Kayt & Xanthy, those are gorgeous pics! I envy you!

Choreocrat, what a great-looking group y'all are!

--Leslie

Xanthy

Quote from: RaasAlHayya on July 05, 2010, 06:04:17 PM
Kayt & Xanthy, those are gorgeous pics! I envy you!

Choreocrat, what a great-looking group y'all are!

--Leslie

Oh, thanks! :)

Tython Corey

Quote from: Xanthy on July 05, 2010, 05:49:52 PM
Also:
a photo from about a year back, showing Tython Corey and I at the Elf Fantasy Fair 2009.

Damn! there goes the mysterie... Yes that is me, Tython Corey, the mad alchemist... ow well, might as well post some more pictures now

A VERY old picture of me and my Full Metal Alchemist based arm, this one is about 4 years old... please don't laugh...

because if you laugh... I go Dremora

or worse! I'll go Lawyer!! (notice the head on the mantlepiece ^^ that's Skully, say hi!)

Tython Corey, making some poison... Hmm.. poison ^^

and ofcourse Equinox Beta, I'm working on Equinox 2.1.2

Reverend Panic

Quote from: Xanthy on July 05, 2010, 05:49:52 PM
Bought some new hair and did a photoshoot with it. In some of my steampunk stuff, of course.
The photographer's name is Alex Baumans and he mainly does fantasy/goth/cosplay/... stuff. He's also one of the few who still take analog pictures (the black and white is done with an analog camera).

And one with my normal hair:

Too bad I don't have any pics with my bustle frame/skirt yet, I should have a cd with all the photos somewhere next week.
And please excuse all the bits and pieces that don't seem to make sense, modifications of this outfit are on their way (such as: upgrading the stripey sleeves/gloves, making extra ruffles for on my skirt, getting new goggles, new corset, making hair accessories, ...)

Also:

My goggles have fogged over!
Come and chat in the IRC, #Brassgoggles on Freenode, or click this link for the Browser based IRC Application:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=brassgoggles

(We have cookies.)

greatestescaper

Finally wore my recently acquired shirt, vest, trousers and duster.  Though I am still in need of a frock.

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen

T.Taylor the Third

-"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge."

Nefthys

So we had an amazing photoshoot last night with my medieval group. Thought I would post a couple pictures. They aren't steampunk, but we certainly did dress up!

Siggy and Myself looking as epic as we can.

Riding down Sir Rhys of Wales.

Miss Magie Pie looking very lovely and lady like with Siggy.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Good, you bring the hot oil, I'll get the gears!

Flynn MacCallister

Hey look! The first photo of me I've ever posted on this site! And it's a dreadful one! And it's not even steampunk! But it's a photo of me! There's hardly any of them in existence!

It's from a dinner party at a friend's place. Yes, I'm wearing jeans. I was wearing a skirt before, but decided trousers would be better to walk home... then someone took a photo.

By the way, does anyone else have a tendency to type "spolier" instead of "spoiler"?

Athanor

And what, exactly, is dreadful about it? You look delightful.
Vero vobis dico, qui quaerit, inveniet eius. Et saepius, parum volet.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.

The Squire

Mavourneen MacCallister, you're a bonnie lass and I can tell by the twinkle in your eye that you are full o' steam.
"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."

Flynn MacCallister

Quote from: The Squire on July 07, 2010, 08:17:53 AM
Mavourneen MacCallister, you're a bonnie lass and I can tell by the twinkle in your eye that you are full o' steam.

Either that or I'm a bit of a psychopath. Maybe both. >_o

(Also, you made my day. Mavourneen, heehee.)

Quote from: Athanor on July 07, 2010, 08:08:50 AM
And what, exactly, is dreadful about it? You look delightful.

Aw, thanks! ^__^ As for what's wrong... bad lighting, odd look, odd angle, had just been grabbed by the girl next to me and told to smile at a camera, etc. >_o

darkshines

I really, REALLY want to wear my full SP grab today, but I am moving furniture later and I don't want my stuff to get all dusty and torn!
Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart

Utini420

I've been playing with photoGIMP again...

There were others, but they aren't even remotely SteamPunk.  The whole album is on PhotoBucket. http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/utini420/Hero%20Friends/Halloween%202009/
If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com

Kayt

Last night I decided to color part of my hair purple with a sharpie (don't worry, it washes out in a few days to a week or two. I've done it before in blue and pink).

[edit: removed]

And here's my pocket watch. Yeah, I took these right after coloring my hair...

"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

TribalWren

Quote from: Flynn MacCallister on July 07, 2010, 05:06:10 AM
Hey look! The first photo of me I've ever posted on this site! And it's a dreadful one! And it's not even steampunk! But it's a photo of me! There's hardly any of them in existence!

It's from a dinner party at a friend's place. Yes, I'm wearing jeans. I was wearing a skirt before, but decided trousers would be better to walk home... then someone took a photo.

By the way, does anyone else have a tendency to type "spolier" instead of "spoiler"?

*YAY* for your first photo!  ;D
Awww, you're really a beautiful lady Miss MacCallister! Oh and it's a lovely picture of you too!  :)

Um...but that spolier thing is just plain weird.....>JOKES!<  ;) I wish that I could type 'the' as 'the' and not as 'teh'. ¬¬ I mean the h is right by the t- HOW does it even happen?! O_o lol.