News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Brass Goggles Map [UPDATED]

Started by TheRedMax, July 29, 2007, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRedMax

Good afternoon Gentlemen and, of course, Ladies. I saw the thread about Geographical Locations within the United Kingdom and it made me think of doing this - add your whereabouts to this frappr map that I have created!

Updated thanks to Flynn MacCallister:
Add yourself to the Map if you like
"The trouble with these international affairs is they attract foreigners." (Member #77 and fiercely proud of it!)

little-spoon

I went ahead and added my place of origin on the map.  Now to wait and see if there are any other lonely steampunks in the cultural wasteland that is Central Iowa, USA.......

TheRedMax

Cheers for pinning this! Got a few people on there - a rather pleasing British Contingent I see! Very nice!
"The trouble with these international affairs is they attract foreigners." (Member #77 and fiercely proud of it!)

Ms Tess

Fantastic idea!  Added myself as well; though I doubt there's anyone else in the armpit of California.  :P

Tinkergirl

Curiously, I used to have a Brass Goggles map on the main blog site, but I grew dissatisfied with all the bugs present in the software (at the time, you could not hide anonymous pins, and there was a terrible anonymous-spam problem with it).

The link is here, however, for old times sake.

rokkitgurl

I will bet you $50 and a box of donuts, I'm the only one in Alexandria, MN...
SCHLAMPE! ... Ich liebe dich!

Saphyra

Quote from: little-spoon on July 29, 2007, 06:43:44 PM
I went ahead and added my place of origin on the map.  Now to wait and see if there are any other lonely steampunks in the cultural wasteland that is Central Iowa, USA.......

You are not quite so alone. I am about 2 hours west of you.
"And here for the first time in my life I saw my beloved Mississippi River, dry in the summer haze, low water, with its big rank smell like the raw body of America itself." Jack Kerouac ~ 'On the Road'

Oh how I long to return to my Mighty Mississippi River.

Duncan Hawthorne

Added.  We're practically neighbors!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde

Stefan Freestate

Relinquo vos liberos.

Marcus Bell Of Ulm

Added. Now to see if anyone else is in my corner of the wasteland.
Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool.

mjolinr

i put in my pin. ms tess- hello neighbor.
YIKES, and away.

Doctor When

I'm in! That's a useful little utility. It's like an interactive version of my UK Map.

Pity it's not as attractive!

*blows own trumpet*
Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!

Proffessor Varne

I added myself a while ago but forgot to come here and post that fact. Silly me.
I have a head simply brimming with seemingly useless information. Useless, until I find a post that I can relate it too that is...........

"Is it hot in here?"

"No, just Steamy"

Kabuki

I've also added my lonesome self.  *sigh*  Guess I need to hit a Portland meetup, eh?
The only thing more important that squashing one's foe, is doing so with style and panache... - Jake of All Trades

Join the fun here: http://www.b

Katriana

I couldn't possibly be the only Canadian!  Just the first to stick my pin in there.
Not all brilliant ideas are good ones.

SomewhatSavvy

Added! It kept telling me I lived in Fayettville, but I fixed it.

Maximum Humphries

wonderful, just what this site needed,from one max to another, congratulations...
"Ever forward, my darling wind..."

brutebrother

~YJ Sgt. Smitty

reporting from the trenches.

Thalesia Turnblood

Reality is messing with my fiction.
Have Coffee, Will Write

Otto Maton

Quote from: Katriana on August 11, 2007, 12:56:28 AM
I couldn't possibly be the only Canadian!  Just the first to stick my pin in there.

Got mine pinned to Vancouver!  ;D We've got 4 Canadians if I've counted right.
The Gaslamp Orchestra - Steampunk Music Project
http://www.myspace.com/gaslamporchestra

"I'm a Steampunk, darn it! Not a Victorian!

"To put it simply, my friend, simplicity simply isn't steampunk!"

Outa_Spaceman

Bognor Regis is now on the SP map...

Otto Maton

This sure is a global community, eh?
The Gaslamp Orchestra - Steampunk Music Project
http://www.myspace.com/gaslamporchestra

"I'm a Steampunk, darn it! Not a Victorian!

"To put it simply, my friend, simplicity simply isn't steampunk!"

Lizbt Action

Col. Adrianna Hazard

I don't normally check the geographical forum, but I'm glad I visited it to add myself to the map.

JLeigh