News:

We're back online! If you encounter any issues using the forum, please file a report in the Engine Room.

Main Menu

Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets

Started by lientie, October 20, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lientie

Check the latest page for updates

This is the thread for the Sheffield steampunk group meets, just to make organising stuffs a bit easier and to save starting a new thread for every topic.
Look here to find out who will be along to the meet each week, post if you'll be along, discuss stuff or share photos!

We meet every Thursday from around 6pm-9pm at the Old Queen's Head, just round the corner from Sheffield train station, and right next to the bus interchange. You can order food until 9pm, and if anyone has ideas for things to do, they have a function room available upstairs for £10-20 which would be great for larger meets- just post if you can think of anything :)

Whilst I have set up the group, if anyone wants to organise outings or events on behalf of the group feel free, and i'll just help to let everyone know what's happening.

Link to the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298349896864818/

Hope to see you there!
Confabulation!

ladyelsie

Really hoping to make it over to the Pub Meets at some point, Unlikely we can come this week as we will be getting ready for MCM, very early start the next day. But we will appear at some point.

Please keep us up to date here with what is going on.

Good luck.
L.E.

Madasasteamfish

Would love to become involved with this (being a local, and may or may not attend this week). Although am tempted by the idea of doing a steampunk ale trail around sheffield).
I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

For the same reason as Lady Elsie can't make it this week, but will be definitely down there next week, with some of the stuff i took to the Expo.
Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!

lientie

Ah, well I hope you both have a good time at expo, wish I could make it down for that- I won't be there the week after as I have to go to Wales that week, but shall be there the week after (8th) and then on :)
Madasasteamfish: An ale trail could be a good idea, I believe there's a few people in the group who are keen on ales..Have you been to the beer festival at the cathedral? Didn't end up going myself but it sounded like a nice idea.
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: lientie on October 22, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
Ah, well I hope you both have a good time at expo, wish I could make it down for that- I won't be there the week after as I have to go to Wales that week, but shall be there the week after (8th) and then on :)
Madasasteamfish: An ale trail could be a good idea, I believe there's a few people in the group who are keen on ales..Have you been to the beer festival at the cathedral? Didn't end up going myself but it sounded like a nice idea.

No I haven't but I have considered volunteering for the Steel City Ale festival at Ponds Forge (I haven't been able to because of other commitments.

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

LadyEmbura

I'm from barnsley! And it's splendid to know that there are steampunks nearby!  :)
Lady Embura at your service! Aprentice engineer and Master monster hunter! I'm a member in the First Tea Company and Major Jack Union's Monster Hunting Fleet!

Major Wolfram Quicksilver

Well I'm sat outside in my car, got here before 9, and you'd all gone home by the time I'd arrived.  :(  :o :( ::)
'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Is it on tomorrow? I should be free after work.

lientie

It will be on tomorrow, unfortunately I can't make this week as I'm in Wales but Michael (bown) and possibly a few other people will be there :)
Confabulation!

lientie

Lady embura: yes there are a few of us about, would be lovely to see you at one of the meets if you can make it ^^ (I know there are a few more Barnsley steampunks about but not too sure they're on the forum..)
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Right

I amat the Queens Head, I have ordered Gammon and chips  (food until 6.30) and have a pint of Crabbies. I am in the corner of the dining area.

lientie

Ok, I've let Michael know where you are so he should be there shortly..
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Well that's it for another week, I should be coming back from London next Thursday, and will pop in if I have time.

Update, I am having to overnight in London, so definitely will not be able to make it this week.

lientie

Ah that's a shame, I'm actually able to make it this week- Maybe see you along at the next one then :)
Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Definitely attending tonight, will be down for my dinner around 6.00 pm.

lientie

Not heard from anyone else on the Facebook group yet, but I'll be there also
Confabulation!

Madasasteamfish

Sorry I've not been attending. Have had a surprising amount on.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

Quote from: Madasasteamfish on November 15, 2012, 04:07:57 PM

I would hope so Sir, naturism isn't encouraged in the Old Queen's Head.

Good news we were up to five brave souls this week, and the pub has extended food until 9.00pm with new menus due on tomorrow. I had Steak chips and salad, grilled tomato, onion rings and mushrooms. Excellent value for money.

Madasasteamfish

Quote from: Mr Peter Harrow, Esq on November 15, 2012, 09:31:16 PM
Quote from: Madasasteamfish on November 15, 2012, 04:07:57 PM

I would hope so Sir, naturism isn't encouraged in the Old Queen's Head.

Good news we were up to five brave souls this week, and the pub has extended food until 9.00pm with new menus due on tomorrow. I had Steak chips and salad, grilled tomato, onion rings and mushrooms. Excellent value for money.

Ah. Well with a bit of luck I might be there next week, or the week after.

lientie

Yes it was nice to see it a bit busier :) And a note to anyone thinking of coming along next week, we're bringing along projects we've made/are working on as a kind of show and tell, so show us what steampunkery you've been up to!

Also a couple of photos from today

Confabulation!

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

I will be in for about 7.00pm tomorrow, pop home and change into proper clothing and bring what I have been working on since Saturday.

I like to call it 'A Better Mousetrap', a fits in nicely with one or two other things I have previously made, but involved Milliput, a swede and a bullet in its making.

Come along if you want to see what it is!

Creeper221195

Hey i am a begginer in Steampunk and a massive fan allready. Looking into the fashion side and i live in Sheffield. Unforternatly i'm only 17 but does look great.

Mr Peter Harrow, Esq

There is no reason you cannot come to the Old Queens Head and have a lemonade. All are welcome!