News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

Post Pictures of Your Home

Started by Orlando, April 01, 2008, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orlando

I love looking at pictures of peoples homes and I can't find an existing thread devoted to this.
There are only a few scattered, tantalising glimpses of workshops and house interiors in the forum e.g. Professor Fzz's study.

Don't bother tidying-up (I'm afraid I haven't), just start blazing away with a camera and post up some pics.

Here's one from me, and my apologies if you've seen it before in another posting.

Orlando.

Hamilton

It was going so well up to the TV.

Splendid grand design otherwise.

LH

Orlando

Like I said "Don't bother tidying up."
I don't live in a showhome and when I needed to do some emergency TV viewing in the front room, that was how it turned out.
If you want to hear me agonising over how it looks, look here.
Personally, I don't mind if people point and laugh at anything they see,
but I'd hate for anyone else to be put off posting because they think they'll be judged.

Orlando.

Hamilton

Quote from: Orlando on April 01, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Like I said "Don't bother tidying up."
I don't live in a showhome and when I needed to do some emergency TV viewing in the front room, that was how it turned out.
If you want to hear me agonising over how it looks, look here.
Personally, I don't mind if people point and laugh at anything they see, but I'd hate for anyone else to be out off posting because they think they'll be judged.

Orlando.

Sir,

I did miss the artfully placed absinthe bottle and the blue prints for the airship cunningly disguised as decoupage.

On the plus side the basket was empty.

Nice idea, I shall consider posting.

LH

Orlando

Very well Mr. Hamilton, I will go out and cut up some decorative logs that will not actually be for burning of course, decant some Apsinthion into an old chemistry flask with ground glass stopper, drag the fainting couch into the picture and ask my girlfriend to put on the glad rags and swoon tastefully over it.

Orlando.

Hamilton

Quote from: Orlando on April 01, 2008, 06:10:17 PM
Very well Mr. Hamilton, I will go out and cut up some decorative logs that will not actually be for burning of course, decant some Apsinthion into an old chemistry flask with ground glass stopper, drag the fainting couch into the picture and ask my girlfriend to put on the glad rags and swoon tastefully over it.

Orlando.

That's the spirit,

LH

Alain Raethorne

Quote from: Hamilton on April 01, 2008, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: Orlando on April 01, 2008, 06:10:17 PM

Orlando.

That's the spirit,

LH

Absolutely hilarious!
Navigator aboard the AAV Raziel.

Gold is for the mistress-silver for the maid-
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade
"Good" said the Baron, sitting in his hall
"But Iron-Cold Iron-is master of them all."

Hieronimous Stonebender

I like this thread. It is unfortunately very dark here at the moment(the missus is fast asleep), so any pictures would be horribly underexposed. When the day breaks however, I will snap a few and post, time allowing...

Orlando

Please do Mr. Stonebender.

I will have to rely on unflattering flashlight photography at the moment.

Here is a reverse view.

I suppose I will have to find some material for Mr. Hamilton.

Oh well, at the risk of causing offence, here is a naked picture under the spoiler.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Orlando.

GabrielCrimson

I've posted this in the fireplace thread but here it is again. it ain't the prettiest home but I styled and dressed it myself and it's teched to the brim all under the TV with my computer and every console i could get my hands on as well as my sky.

Hieronimous Stonebender

Overslept this morning, but grabbed this on my way out the door....

The missus is not a huge fan of steampunk and victoriane, but I get to sneak it in here and there...

Miss Pixie

Nothing steampunky, and you said not to tidy up, but here it is, my room:

Sir Ichabod the Lobster of Rod's End:

And this little guy does not yet have a name:

Sorry for so many pics, I'm bored.

~Miss Pixie
We're all here because we're not all there.

MechanicalMouse

Quote from: Hieronimous Stonebender on April 02, 2008, 07:24:46 AM
Overslept this morning, but grabbed this on my way out the door....

The missus is not a huge fan of steampunk and victoriane, but I get to sneak it in here and there...

Nice Hand and Half (bastard) sword you have there. Do you re-enact?

Miss Pixie.
I love the mask. It looks like its made from leather.

Professor Fzz

The most steampunk room in my house is my study (steampunk escapes elsewhere occasionally, but my wife tries to keep it contained):

Of course there's also the secret laboratory downstairs, but we don't permit photographs in there...
Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. -  Thomas H. Huxley

Miss Pixie

Quote from: MechanicalMouse on April 02, 2008, 08:27:02 AM
Miss Pixie.
I love the mask. It looks like its made from leather.

It is. I actually stole it from my sister ;D

~Miss Pixie
We're all here because we're not all there.

Ampère Volt

Professor Fzz you've got some great stuff in there!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Von Gast

Here's my room. Still redecorating, the carpet should arrive this Friday after which I can start moving in!

Hieronimous Stonebender

Looks promising. Love the lightswitch.

MechanicalMouse No, I do not re-enact. The sword is a present from the missus. She tries... bless her.

Von Gast

The lightswitch is an original - found in the attic when we moved in along with the wooden backplate. I took the modern plastic switch out and reinstalled this one.

MechanicalMouse

Quote from: Hieronimous Stonebender on April 02, 2008, 11:25:30 AM
Looks promising. Love the lightswitch.

MechanicalMouse No, I do not re-enact. The sword is a present from the missus. She tries... bless her.

I commend her on her taste in armoury. The hand and a half is a fine and versatile weapon.

WisconsinPlatt

Von Gast - Nice work.  Not a big wallpaper fan myself as I can't put it up worth a fig and have taken too much of it down, but it is very Victorian.

What technique are you using on the wood trim and door.  I like it.

Von Gast

Thanks - the woodwork uses a product called Dulux Brushstrokes that seems to have disappeared. I was able to get hold of some from the local hardware shop (their last two packs).

You have a matt undercoat, in this case it was vaguely pinkish. On top of that you apply a gloss varnish, in this case it looked a dark reddish brown. The base coat needs to be flat and have good coverage, with the top coat you brush in the direction of the grain to get the desired effect. It goes straight on top of whatever paint is there already rather than having to strip (and inevitably damage) the woodwork.

Ampère Volt

Looks nice Von Gast, I would've chosen a brass/metal color for the heater and made some victorianesque curtains that are floor length. Will be interesting to see further decorating :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>

Von Gast

I'm stuck with those curtains for now - lack of funding! The radiator was supposed to blend in really. The remaining work is mostly adding a carpet (dark red) and furniture (all dark brown wood, or leather in the case of the bedframe).

TristanRenn

Quote from: Miss Pixie on April 02, 2008, 08:12:00 AM
Nothing steampunky, and you said not to tidy up, but here it is, my room:

And this little guy does not yet have a name:

I would call him Conesy (cone-zee), though I suppose that name would not fit such a dapper, gentlemanly looking fellow. Duke Conesington mayhap?