News:

We now have an integrated wiki. Log in to the forum, then visit https://brassgoggles.net/wiki/.

Main Menu

>The Smoking Room< The Second Storey

Started by Herr Döktor, July 26, 2011, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corsair

Three mountains would be sufficient methinks. The full mountain range would be too easy to get lost in and would prevent one from getting back by sundown...
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Corsair

Three mountains would be sufficient methinks. The full mountain range would be too easy to get lost in and would prevent one from getting back by sundown...
Still here, just quieter

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

Quote from: The Corsair on August 02, 2011, 06:09:51 AM

that would depend on how big the mountains are

M. H. Pennypecker

My God!
I think I am experiencing that uncanny feeling of, Déjà Vu"

D.Oakes

Quote from: The Corsair on August 02, 2011, 06:09:51 AM

*Steps in completely out of context* My what a lovely place...I like women with a full mountain range...oh...my mistake. 
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

M. H. Pennypecker

Their it is again!
{ clutching his head and curling up on the floor in the fetal position }

What kind of cheep booze is served in this place!

I think its driving me out of my skull!
Hang on!
Maybe the club is suffering from some sort of temporal anomaly?

Wormhole!

The Corsair brought this doom on us!
It should be against club rules to create temporal anomalies!

All right everyone now is the time to panic, every one run for your lives!
But for Gods sake save the whisky!

James Harrison

I'll always remember my old boss, who went to dinner in an expensive restaurant which coincidentally caught fire.  His PA then wandered the tables as the waiters were trying to evacuate the place, picking up the half-empty wine bottles, before guzzling the lot outside by the warm fuzzy glow of a building fire.  

Now where were we?  Ah, yes- the whisky.  I'll... take care of that.

No I'm absolutely not going to stand outside the club drinking it.  I'm going to wait for the temporal anomaly to go away, then drink it sitting in the remnants of one of those nice new wicker chairs we got when the second storey was opened up.  
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

D.Oakes

I'd prefer a little absinthe, the French way, save the light for my pipe.  In fact, fetch me the whole bottle, who needs a little?
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

The Corsair

The bartender says 'we don't serve your kind here'
A time traveller walks into a bar
Still here, just quieter

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

Grymm

*Glances at glass realise he's picked up....WATER by mistake!

Pfffffffft! Water! By Circe's rubber bra, that was a close thing! Thanks for the tip off young Cinders, can't abide the stuff, even clean M'teeth in rum. Summat I learned in the desert dontchkno. 'Sides never saw a fish get out of the stuff before they........ erm..well prob'ly best not to mention it at your age.
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.

I've tried to see it from your point of view but I can't fit my head up your arse'ole too.

D.Oakes

*Sit quietly waiting for the absinthe, occasionally looking at my pocket watch.  Become bored quickly and decide to start pressing buttons on a strange device nearby all the while thinking.*  "What if this blows up?" *Then I realize that I have spoken outloud.  Everyone stares at me angerly as I quietly walk back to my corner table and continue to wait for the absinthe.  Starts humming Fields of Athenry.*

Ella, Aerial Musketeer

noo as in dont drink the absinthe i um um p-p-put water in it ....... that and you may want to watch out for and stray tacks im missing about 5 and there is a small gun laying around some were

Fairley B. Strange

Aargh! Found one.

Let me unstick it from my...

umm, okay, well I guess that means that there are still five stray tacks out there...

Here you go, kiddo.
Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.

James Harrison

*Necks his drink*

*Makes a face*

*Pulls out a tack*

I say.  Does this mean I'm about to be shanghied? 

*Looks around for any shifty-looking sailor types, sees none*

I, err, think this is yours, Ella.
Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.

Grymm

Quote from: Ella, Aerial Musketeer on August 03, 2011, 12:25:32 PM
noo as in dont drink the absinthe i um um p-p-put water in it ....... that and you may want to watch out for and stray tacks im missing about 5 and there is a small gun laying around some were

That's how you drink it, cut with water so it Louches ,goes milky looking, sugar is optional and all that faffing around with burning sugar is utter bum gravy!

Fond of 'sinthe and red bull...... Well I say fond, it's a silly drink that tastes of blackjack chews and makes you talk nonsense for hours....not that anyone can tell the difference with me  :-\
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.

I've tried to see it from your point of view but I can't fit my head up your arse'ole too.

The Abiliegh

I too am fond of absinthe and redbull... but, well, I like to be a tad moon-touched some evenings.
Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!

Fairley B. Strange

Quote from: The Abiliegh on August 03, 2011, 02:36:28 PM
I too am fond of absinthe and redbull... but, well, I like to be a tad moon-touched some evenings.

Left or right?     ;D

The Abiliegh

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 03, 2011, 02:41:18 PM
Quote from: The Abiliegh on August 03, 2011, 02:36:28 PM

Left or right?     ;D

Psh. A lady never tells :p
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

D.Oakes

Ok, the absinthe is boring me, I want champagne to add to it.  I am in the mood for some Death in the Afternoon.  (THAT IS MY FAVORITE!!  HAD IT MY GRADUATION PARTY!  Apparently I have a 2 hour art history lecture I don't remember and left my house to go to the one club to fight with this guy who owed me money....I apparently managed to get dressed as a 1920's gangster and never did fight with him...I had a beer, a pleasant conversation and left....last time I drank that.  Of course I downed about 2 bottles of champagne and half a bottle of Vieux Carre....I had the worst hangover ever the next day, but I actually somehow took care of one of my friends who had drank less than me.)

The Abiliegh

It's been brought to my attention that I've been a bit more ornery than usual as of late. I think that perhaps I need a drink not served via forum, heh heh. A girl has got to release that built up pressure somehow, eh?
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

Herr Döktor

Quote from: The Abiliegh on August 03, 2011, 06:03:07 PM
It's been brought to my attention that I've been a bit more ornery than usual as of late. I think that perhaps I need a drink not served via forum, heh heh. A girl has got to release that built up pressure somehow, eh?

Not needing to relieve any female hysteria, are you?

Because we're not that sort of club, though I can't speak for all the members...

The Abiliegh

Quote from: Herr Döktor on August 03, 2011, 06:21:28 PM
Quote from: The Abiliegh on August 03, 2011, 06:03:07 PM

Not needing to relieve any female hysteria, are you?

Because we're not that sort of club, though I can't speak for all the members...

:o

:-[
Abis do it for SCIENCE!

Fairley B. Strange

I must say this is the kind of thing that happens when a Gentleman' Club lets Ladies through its doors - either they're appropriately disreputable actresses, or good Gentlewomen who get treated as if they were the former, when the members don't notice the differences.

Talking about Hysteria's the thin edge of the wedge - after that they'll be wanting Universal Sufferage...

The Abiliegh

Quote from: Fairley B. Strange on August 03, 2011, 07:06:26 PM
I must say this is the kind of thing that happens when a Gentleman' Club lets Ladies through its doors - either they're appropriately disreputable actresses, or good Gentlewomen who get treated as if they were the former, when the members don't notice the differences.

Talking about Hysteria's the thin edge of the wedge - after that they'll be wanting Universal Sufferage...

Oh, I'm appropriately disreputable (so much so that I'm regularly refered to as "the disreputable friend" amongst my more reserved circle of friends), but I'm also shockingly capable of embarassing myself when I make such comments without realizing it. And I'm told that my blushes are charming, seeing as I'm normally rather bawdy ;)
Abis do it for SCIENCE!